- What does this currency change mean?
Starting from March 2022 the apartments in THE FIZZ Prague are offered either in Czech crowns or in Euros. Each apartment has a preassigned currency (CZK or EUR) in which it can be booked. It is not possible to choose other currency than the one that is already assigned to the apartment.
- What does it mean for me to have a contract in EUR? Or in CZK?
If you get an accommodation agreement in EUR, it means that all costs related to your accommodation agreement will be shown in EUR and must be paid in EUR. You can still make a transaction from another currency, but please be aware that the end amount will be calculated by the bank in EUR and bank fees might apply. Same process applies also for CZK contracts.
- Can I choose the currency of my booking?
Your apartment already has a preassigned currency, and therefore you cannot choose it. The new accommodation agreement will be issued directly in that currency which has been assigned to your apartment.
- What will happen with my current contract? Will the currency also change?
The current accommodation agreement will still keep the CZK currency that you had at the moment of signing it. So, the currency will not change.
The currency will change to EUR only with the new accommodation agreement and only in case your apartment has a preassigned currency of EUR.
- Can it happen that now I have a CZK contract, but next year, in 2023 the currency might change?
Yes, actually in the next year all apartments will be offered only in EUR. At this moment there is only a part of apartments in EUR and another part in CZK, but in the future all apartments will be offered only in EUR.
- What happens if I cannot pay in a certain currency?
We strongly suggest you to check all the solutions to pay in the currency of your apartment. Normally, there shall be no problems for banks or for wire transfers to be done in different currency. In the worst case, if you still cannot pay in EUR, respectively in CZK, you can make a swap to an apartment with the desired currency. Please be aware that apartment swap fees apply and also that the number of apartment swaps for summer semester is limited.
- Do extra fees apply if I need to pay in a certain currency?
If you pay directly from a currency in the same currency, normally no exchange fees apply. However, if you pay from another currency, the bank might apply conversion fees and transaction fees. For further details please contact your bank.
- How is ‘All-in’ price calculated? Does the daily exchange rate apply?
The amounts for both EUR and CZK accommodation agreement are already preestablished. So, exchange rate is not applied. Amounts in EUR and CZK are equivalent to each other.
- Can I move to an apartment with different currency?
An apartment swap is possible, but for summer semester the number of swaps will be limited. Also please be aware that apartment swap fees will apply, according to the standard process.
- Can I use SEPA for EUR payments?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to use SEPA Form for EUR payments. The payments need to be done through wire transfer.
- Will my rent in EUR change if the exchange rate will fluctuate and change during my booking period?
Your monthly rent in EUR will not change based on the daily exchange rate. It is a fixed amount and will be valid for the whole booking period.